Apple Computer Tips & Tricks
Paste without formatting
Screenshot area and copy to clipboard
Open the last tab you close
Close a window
Force quit an app that's giving issues (like Ctrl+Alt+Delete)
Open spotlight, the fastest way to find your files
Move to the beginning or end of line
Screenshot an area
Quicksave new version/name of file
Screenshot and copy to clipboard
- Want some extra screen space? Keep your dock hidden unless you hover by going to System Preferences >Dock >Automatically hide and show the dock.
- Not sure what’s slowing your computer down? Open the Activity Monitor app to see what pesky software is taking all your power!
- Want to preview file without waiting for it to open? When in finder, press the spacebar to Quick Look your file. Perfect for quickly viewing photo albums.
- Need a calculator? Open Spotlight (Cmd+Space), type in your simple calculation, and voila! You can do quick calculations without searching for an app.
- Send all your iMessages and texts from the comfort of your keyboard! Just open the Messages app and connect it to your iPhone to get started.